Consulting & Customized Services
Governmental agencies often have unique needs that require customized solutions. The Center for Public Leadership and Governance offers a wide array of individually-designed services for elected bodies, management teams, departments, and community groups. Using our specialized expertise in public leadership, we develop programming designed to meet your specific needs and delivered on-site in your location.
We work with clients based on their unique goals, resources, and capacity. Your specific needs are central to what we do, which is why we offer a range of ways you can engage with us:
- Create your own process or event using our online resources.
- Invite a School of Government faculty member to give a presentation to or facilitate a discussion for your organization or group on a particular topic.
- Co-create learning objectives with us and share in the responsibilities of designing and executing the work done.
Design your own:
- Elected board retreats
- Citizen engagement
- Citizens Academies (citizens academy curriculum design and handbook, case studies, national research, etc.)
- Civic Education materials
Customized consulting services:
- Development of strategic vision, long and short term work plans, or budget priorities
- Defining philosophies, goals, strategies, e.g., economic development or governing boards
- Resolving public disputes
- Retreats on a variety of topics, e.g., leadership, communication, positive problem solving
- Facilitating discussions of all kinds, e.g., governing boards, leadership teams, cross sector or regional groups
- Personalized coaching options
Related School of Government Resources:
- Local Government Workplace Initiative – helps local governments gather employee input on decisions that affect them, on organizational climate, and on workplace improvements http://lgwi.web.unc.edu/
- NCImpact – Provides civic leaders across the state with sound data, high quality research, and rigorous analysis; works closely with policymakers and other leaders to share evidence-based insightsand creative policy options for responding to the most important questions they face; and enhances leaders’ understanding of innovative practices in North Carolina, across the U.S., and around the world. http://ncimpactsog.web.unc.edu/